Shiyang River Watershed (426.4 km2) the dry lands of northwest China.
MOTIVATION FOR CHOICE ACCORDING TO HAZARD EXPOSURE AND ASSET VALUE
– Aeolian desertification, dust storm, soil salinization, fresh water shortage, drought
– One of the vital oases and primary habitats for people in drylands of China
– National ecological protection key demonstration area
– Key research base for land degradation with long time data accumulation
POSSIBLE NATURE-BASED AND HYBRID SOLUTIONS
– Restoring degraded land using environmentally friendly and sustainable biotechnology
– Developing water-saving agriculture with regional-suitable new technologies and innovation ideas
– Improving the agricultural industry structure, and cultivating salt tolerant and drought resistant crops
– Establishing a healthy operation of the water market and management
Have a question, feedback or want to work with us?