RMIT Europe is the European hub of the Australian University RMIT. They are organising an open seminar on green infrastructure and nature based solutions. It will take place on Monday 24 February in Barcelona.
They want to start an open dialogue between the different actors involved in the re-naturalization of cities based on green infrastructure and nature-inspired designs.
Details of the seminar
RMIT University is pleased to invite you to the free half-day seminar and networking event Green Infrastructure and Nature Based Solutionson Monday 24 February from 9.30–2.30pm at RMIT Europe.
The seminar will bring together leading academics, designers, policy makers, industry leaders and practitioners to explore and discuss nature inspired solutions to address urban societal and environmental challenges. Speakers will cover diverse case studies on green and edible infrastructures.
Questions explored include: Why choose nature based solutions (NBS) over other approaches? What forms of nature are being recognised in NBS approaches? How can NBS projects be financed and sustained? Whose voices are being heard in NBS projects?
This seminar is part of the international symposium (Re) Connecting Urban Natures: An interdisciplinary symposium on transforming human-nature relations in cities.
- Dr Cecily Maller, Vice-Chancellor Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Urban Research, RMIT University
- Susana Saiz, Environmental and Sustainability Advisory – Associate Director, ARUP
- Martí Franch, Founder Manager, Landscape Architect and Engineer in Agricultural Sciences, EMF Landscape Architects
- Nuria Noguer, Urban Planning Director, OUA Group
- Margarida Parés, Head of Biodiversity, Barcelona City Council